1. CREATE A VISION
Our vision describes our hopes, dream, and desires for the future. Vision is the image of our accomplishment created in our mind, it inspires us and guides our future action by describing our life’s direction.
To win, it is important to create and get clear on our vision, creating a clear vision is an easy task is we understand what motivates us, our interest and the things we enjoy doing or learning about.
To set a clear vision for the day for yourself, you may want to ask yourself. What do I want to accomplish today? What would make me fill fulfilled? If you find the answer, you have found a vision for the day, the same set of questions can be asked to set a life-long vision.
Four (4) quotes on vision that will help us understand why creating a vision is essential for successful;
- Vision is a picture of the future that produces passion. – Bill Hybels
- If you are working on something exciting that you care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you. – Steve Jobs
- Create the highest grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe. – Oprah Winfrey
- Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion. – Jack Welch
Our vision is our destination, it is what gives our life direction. Create a vision today and you have taken the first step to success.
2. SET GOALS
Goals, in business, depicts what an organization expects or plans to achieve over a particular period. On an individual level, a goal is a thought of an alluring or future outcome that individuals imagine, plan, and focus on accomplishing. We regularly try to arrive at goals over explicit periods by setting cutoff times.
If we say success is our destination, goals are points on the journey to that destination that can help in measuring how much progress has been made towards reaching the final destination.
I like to explain goals using football game, in football, the team with more goals after meeting the terms and conditions of the game become the winner at the end. Having more goals before the end of the competition does not make you the winner, the winner is declared at the end of the competition.
Goals help us to be focused, boost our confidence, compel us to think towards accomplishment and measure progress towards our vision.
Effective goals can be easily set using a goal-setting framework called SMART
S – Specific (Explicit)
M – Measurable (Quantifiable)
A – Attainable (Achievable)
R – Relevant (Applicable)
T – Time-bound (Time-specific)
In setting goals, it is important to make sure that the goals take us closer to accomplishing our vision, putting into consideration the resources, skills, and competencies that will be required.
3. MAKE A PLAN
A plan is a written or drawn guide, a rundown of steps or a set of activities composed with details of possible obstacles and resources, plans are prepared to determine the actions that will be taken to accomplish a set of goals and vision within a particular period.
By planning, we make ideal use of every single available resource and get ready for future vulnerabilities ahead of time.
Planning gives us a guide to get to our goals and vision. It enables us to make sense of how we will arrive and additionally gives us an approach to decide how far we have come and how much more we have left to go. It helps prevent us from investing energy in assignments that won’t get us closer to our destination.
Four (4) quotes on planning that will help us understand why planning is essential for success;
- When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. – Confucius
- Make time for planning: Wars are won in the general’s tent. – Stephen R. Covey
- Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now. – Alan Lakein
- Always plan. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark. – Richard Cushing
Planning is key to success.
4. WRITE DOWN YOUR VISION, GOALS, AND PLAN ON PAPER
A vision that has not been written down is simply hallucination. It is only when we write our vision and goal down, that our musings and intention become solidified and we have focus.
Writing down goals on paper is an old act that has helped a lot of people to accomplish what matters most to them in life.
Putting visions and goals down in writing is an exceptionally powerful mystery utilized by achievers, but tragically, the majority of us don’t write down our goals. Rather, we float through life randomly and without aim, asking why life lack reason and hugeness.
From the above definition of a plan, it can be seen that a plan is a roadmap and a guide and
at any time, a road map can be referred to in finding out whether the user is on track or not.
Imagine coupling a newly acquired machine with a memorized manual, imagine a troop going to a new battlefield without a drawn-out map.
One study proved that writing vision and goals down on paper and checking on them normally result in a 95% higher possibility of accomplishing the desired outcome.
Below is a quote from the Bible that suggests that writing down vision and goals is crucial to getting the drive that is required for achieving a desired result.
“And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.” – Habakkuk 2:2 KJV
5. TAKE ACTION TOWARDS YOUR GOALS AND VISION
With the wealth of information that has been made available in today’s digital space, so many people still battle to get practical benefits from acquired knowledge and other possessed resources, This is because taking action requires being deliberate and disciplined.
The ability to keep taking action and moving forward is the main difference between a winner and a loser.
Without activities, what measure of ability, perusing of books, listening to motivational talks, watching of inspiring movies and keeping of good contacts without connecting can make anything happen? I think your guess is as good as mine.
Four (4) quotes on Acting that will help us understand why taking action is essential for success;
- Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success. – Pablo Picasso
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action. – Napoleon Hill
- You cannot score a goal when you are sitting on the bench. To do so, you have to dress up and enter the game. – Israelmore Ayivor
- If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. – Mario Andretti
- Remember to remunerate yourself, It is essential to take note that winning is about the adventure as much all things considered about the conclusive outcome. Each goal met on the adventure to your vision is accomplishment all alone.
- Request guidance and criticism from people you regard and trust.
- Grow great propensities, our conduct frequently has an enormous effect on our potential for progress.
- We get vitality from taking a shot at our qualities, so leverage on them.
- Our Vision, goals, and Plan will probably change over time, so we need to modify them regularly to keep them alive, fresh and relevant to our life.
Thanks for taking your time to read this.
Web Designer, Identity and Graphics Designer, Blogger, Tech lover, and WordPress enthusiast.
The founder of Rindx.com and Tycoon Concept.