While some women enjoy 100% support from their husbands in their businesses, some others do not and here are a few reasons why.
- SOME HUSBANDS DON’T SUPPORT THEIR WIVES BECAUSE OF LACK OF BELIEF:
Some husbands don’t have an atom of belief in what their wives can do so, they show no concern. And because of that, the husband would be waiting for her to blow first, meaning that if it doesn’t work, then they were never in it with you.
But if the business is making good progress, some good husbands will then support with a huge amount of money..
Ladies/Women, if you’re in such a case, you’ve got to develop a very thick skin to enable you keep at it until it breaks through. They may also be looking out to see how serious and dedicated you’ll be. So be at your best at all times.
- SOME HUSBANDS DON’T SUPPORT THEIR WIVES BECAUSE OF EGO/NEGATIVE PSYCHOLOGY:
Most times, that business that looks degrading/demeaning to them. Probably, it doesn’t befit their personality or style. They feel they’ll be looked down on as per, “you guys are broke or something”.
But they forget that most businesses that are detested like that is where there’s money.
Why borrow money all the time from friends and family when you can’t support your wife to augment the family income? What sense does it make?
Still talking about ego, some men would rather not support their wives’ businesses so that they don’t earn more than them. They believe that if it happens, they’ll lose their loyalty and respect as the man of the house.
Actually, I know of some men who get intimidated by the success of a woman as such, their wives shouldn’t be a part.
- SOME HUSBANDS DON’T SUPPORT THEIR WIVES BECAUSE OF BRANDING/SECURITY:
In some cases too, it may be that the husband works in an enviable position in his place of work and is trying to protect both his and the family image. He may want to ensure that they aren’t exposed to unnecessarily to security concerns and irrelevant talks about his family, particularly on the media.
So, for this kind of husband, he’ll rather pay for professional product branding, TV/Radio/Social media adverts and fliers to promote the wife’s business instead of telling his friends about it. This strategy has the potential of bringing in much more sales than what would come from his friends.
- SOME HUSBANDS DON’T SUPPORT THEIR WIVES BECAUSE OF PRESUMPTUOUS ASSUMPTION:
It could be that the wife hasn’t made a proper/specific request for his help in that aspect. Maybe, the husband must have assisted her with start-up capital, home chores, packaging and helping out in other areas which ordinarily she ought to have been doing fully.
So, if the wife doesn’t voice out the aspect of introducing it to his friends, then it may not occur to him. And she’ll be thinking he doesn’t want to promote their business.
Ain’t it so?
I’d really love to hear from you in the comment section.
What else do you think here?
You may add yours as well if it hasn’t been captured here in the post.
- Emem Umejuru is a 21st-century educator and an online business Consultant for Startups. She is also a one-time best-selling Amazon Author of the book, SUPER FOR STARTERS: an easy to follow guide to go from no idea to starting and building your online business.
- BUSINESS2021.03.07HOW TO STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN ONLINE, WORK LIFE & PERSONAL LIFE
- BUSINESS2021.02.08HOW DO YOU HANDLE NEGATIVE REVIEWS FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS?
- BUSINESS2021.01.11HOW TO BECOME A MULTIPLE THREAT IN YOUR WORKPLACE, INDUSTRY, OR NICHE
- BUSINESS2021.01.09BOOK: 3 REASONS WHY PEOPLE WON’T BUY FROM YOU