Keeping up a viable business requires a lot of work, and after a couple of days, you may feel like you won’t get your expected rewards for all the difficult work.
That is the reason why I’ve aggregated 25 inspirational proclamations and quotes from famous founders, CEOs, and business owners around the world to help you in pushing through rough patches and gray days to the bright and fulfilling future that lies ahead.
Whether or not you’re doing business in the domain of Media, Technology, Entertainment or Commerce, these 25 Motivational Quotes From Famous Founders will help in stirring up the great confidence you need to handle that enormous task of starting and building a viable business.
25 Motivational Quotes From Famous Founders and CEOs
- Jason Calacanis, LAUNCH Ticker founder: “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.”
- Bob Parsons, GoDaddy founder: “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.”
- Garrett Camp, Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon founder: “Stay self-funded as long as possible.”
- Biz Stone, Twitter co-founder: “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.”
- Guy Kawasaki, Alltop co-founder: “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.”
- Larry Page, Google co-founder: “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.”
- Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company founder: “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.”
- Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO: “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.”
- Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder: “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.”
- Conrad Hilton, Hilton Hotels chain founder: “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”
- Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder: “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
- Richard Branson, Virgin Group founder: “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”
- Marissa Mayer, Yahoo! president & CEO: “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.”
- Tom Preston-Werner, Github co-founder: “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.”
- Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder: “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.”
- Estee Lauder, Estee Lauder Cosmetics founder: “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.”
- Jason Cohen, Smartbear Software founder “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.”
- Ryan Freitas, About.me co-founder: “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.”
- Joel Spolsky, Stack Overflow co-founder: “Nothing works better than just improving your product.”
- Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.”
- Lisa Stone, BlogHer co-founder and CEO “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.”
- Thomas Edison, General Electric co-founder: “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.”
- Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder: “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.”
- Dave Thomas, Wendy’s Founder: “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.”
- Meshach Owolabi, Tycoon Concept founder: If you always have a lot to buy and never have something to sell, you one of the fools in the market.