Looking for stainless steel tanks for wine? We are here to help you!
The growing popularity of stainless steel wine tanks has a few advantages over traditional wine casks. The first is that stainless steel is not affected by the acidity or tannins in wines, making it a preferred material for aging wine.
Additionally, stainless steel tanks are much less expensive to maintain than wooden ones and they do not require regular refilling with wine. Finally, modern stainless steel tanks are often fitted with carbon filters to improve the quality of the wines produced from them.
How to Choose a Stainless Wine Tank
Here you go! Below are our tips on how to choose the right production capacity where you can store your crop;
Material of wine tank
Before, most winemakers used oak barrels. Now they are less in demand, as they serve only 3 to 5 years. The best option is to buy stainless steel products that will serve you much longer.
Despite their strength and wear resistance, such tanks are lightweight, which is very convenient in production. They are stackable and have forklift channels for easy mobility.
In addition, stainless steel allows you to preserve a wine’s original taste and aroma.
Choosing the appropriate volume depends on the productivity of your winery. Most barrels of standard configuration is designed for 300, 500, 800, or 1000 liters.
Temperature and pressure
For example, Shaefer brand products that are popular on the market have an additional stainless steel casing to insulate the container from temperature-sensitive applications.
This type of wine tank is only safe for a pressure of 1 bar or 14.5 pounds per square inch.
Thanks to the smooth surface, stainless steel products are easy to clean from the remnants of previous winemaking.
Shaefer tanks are equipped with a convenient Tri-Connect full drain system with a Top Hatch configuration. It simplifies their moving and cleaning.
Control of beverage oxidation rate
Stainless steel tanks are designed so winemakers can monitor wine oxidation rate. Moderate oxidation allows more accurate control of the quality and taste of wine.
Do you know where to order the best stainless steel tanks for wine?
We recommend you look at the range of Beverage Craft, which has been engaged in brewing equipment for more than 10 years.
For example, here, you can buy Schaefer tanks, which have a standard configuration and are suitable for most breweries and wineries in North America.
They can store products and ingredients, transport wine, conduct fermentation, etc.
- Depending on the application, you can purchase the following:
- Jacket tanks: used in conjunction with a glycol cooling system to control temperature.
- Tanks without cooling jackets: designed for production that does not require internal temperature control.
Contact Beverage Craft, and you will be helped to find the best products for your winery!
Tips for optimizing your stainless wine tank’s performance.
- Keep your wine tank clean and free of debris. This will help to improve the overall performance of the tank.
- Fertilize your wine tank regularly to promote healthy growth of the grapes and berries.
- Do not overfill your wine tank – this can cause pressure to build up which can damage the tank’s components.
- Regularly check the level of acidity in your wine – if it is too high, you may need to add vinegar or lemon juice to lower it.
- Be sure to ventilate your wine tank properly – this will allow the gases that are produced during fermentation to escape safely.
- Make sure that your temperature is always consistent throughout your wine tank – this will ensure optimal grape flavor and quality.
Final Words on Tips For Choosing Stainless Wine Tanks
Choosing stainless steel wine tanks is a great way to ensure your wine stays fresh and enjoyable.
Not only are they durable, but they also come in a variety of styles and colors that will perfectly match your décor.
So if you’re looking for a wine storage solution that’s both practical and beautiful, stainless steel wine tanks are the perfect option!