Telegram Web is a browser version of the Telegram messenger.
The feature of Telegram web allows users to send and receive messages online on their desktop devices. This is not a different account, but the same account in a web browser, and you just get access to the same account on a different platform.
This post will cover how to set up Telegram web and answer some important questions about it.
Telegram is already known as a cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging application that is focused on security and speed.
The Telegram instant messaging application allows users to send messages and receive images, stickers, videos, voice notes, and much more; the messages sent via Telegram are completely encrypted. Users can easily access the Telegram app from their phones and also access Telegram web from desktop computers with a stable internet connection.
Both the Mobile Telegram App and the telegram web version offer the same functions. Therefore, the messages that you send via Telegram Web will be available in your mobile application and vice versa.
How to Access Telegram Web
You can follow these steps to access Telegram via a web browser:
- From your laptop or desktop, go to https://web.telegram.org/k/ from your web browser
- Select your country on the login screen
- Now, enter your phone number and click on the “Next” button.
- A confirmation pop-up window will appear on the screen to confirm whether the phone number you entered is correct or not
- Click on the ” Ok ” option if the number you entered is correct
- Next, you will receive a code to the number you specified and then click on the “Next” option.
- Finally, you will log in to your account
Important Telegram Web Questions and Answered
- What is Telegram?
Available on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows, macOS, and Linux, Telegram is a cloud-based end-to-end encrypted instant messaging application.
On Telegram, users can send messages and share photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files of any type.
The Telegram app works on mobile phones with an Internet connection but is also available from desktop computers with the Telegram Web function.
- Can I access Telegram without a phone number?
No, you can’t log in to your Telegram account without providing a phone number.
- Can anyone see the search history of my Telegram?
No one can see the search history of your Telegram. Your friends can only see that you have joined the app if they have contact synchronization enabled.
- Can someone else read my messages in the telegram app?
All your messages in the “Secret Chat” are end-to-end encrypted, which means that only the sender and recipient can read the messages. Neither a third party nor even a company can read these messages. Also, you can’t forward these messages.
- Does Telegram know when a user is taking screenshots?
If you take a screenshot in a regular cloud chat, the user will not know about it. But if you take a screenshot in a secret chat, another user will be alerted that you have taken a screenshot.
- How is Telegram different from Whatsapp?
Telegram provides unlimited storage, which means that all your text messages, images, media files, and documents present in your Telegram account will be stored in their cloud.
You can log out and log in any number of times from any number of devices simultaneously without losing any data; you do not need to worry about backing up the date and restoring it.
You can view active sessions and check which devices are currently logged in. This way, you can download any file at any time from any number of devices.
8 More interesting features of Telegram
- Telegram offers additional media compression.
- Telegram has User name function.
- Telegram Channels accommodates an unlimited number of participants.
- Support for multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows PC, Mac OS, Linux OS, and all browsers.
- Telegram supports special end-to-end encryption.
- Telegram supports Voice calls.
- Users can send any file type.
- Telegram users can log in to multiple devices at the same time and receive messages on all devices.
Also Check: WhatsApp Web – 9 Important Questions Answered