The performance of a company depends entirely on the people who are involved in its operations. This makes managing human resources even more critical. The modern term for managing talent and appropriately guiding them is termed Human Capital Management.
Organizations of every shape and size today have an HR department, responsible for seamless management operations. This can be quickly done manually if the number of employees is less, but maintaining order when there are thousands of employees is not manually possible.
This is where SAP SuccessFactors come in; they can easily integrate themselves with the existing SAP infrastructure. They help in monitoring all the tasks done by HR and make sure everything is appropriately maintained. They also carry out a large part of the tasks, leading to many errors if done manually but can be easily automated by SAP SuccessFactors.
In this article, we will be looking at the features and components of SAP SuccessFactors while understanding how they help the company manage human resources.
SAP SuccessFactors and its Components
SAP SuccessFactors is a comprehensive solution for human resource requirements that a company might face. This doesn’t eliminate the necessity of HR personnel but simplifies and streamlines the management process. There are many tasks that the HR department has to handle, and it is straightforward to make mistakes, SAP SuccessFactors ensure that this does not happen by monitoring every step.
SAP SuccessFactors uses the cloud platform of SAP S/4 HANA to integrate different parts of the system. It is available as a Software as a System model and can be easily integrated with the existing SAP infrastructure.
Some of the tasks that SAP SuccessFactors help the HR department with are:
- Recruitment Process
- Talent Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
Automated HR management systems help companies to reach its goals more efficiently, and SAP SuccessFactors has two different modes of standalone and hybrid systems. They help in streamlining a lot of business management tasks. The major components of SAP SuccessFactors are:
- Core HR Solutions like Employee Central
- Talent Solutions like LMS, Recruiting, and Onboarding
- HR Analytics like Workforce Analytics and Planning
- Social Collaboration like JAM
Key Features of SAP SuccessFactors
Some of the regular human capital management that SAP SuccessFactors cater to are as follows:
- Track data related to each employee, like attendance, time of arrival, total work hours, sick leaves, and many more.
- Maintain a record of salaries, bonuses, and job posts/descriptions.
- Monitors different business processes to ensure that the compliance standards are met.
- Takes care of international business transactions by providing a variety of currencies and languages to choose from.
- Provides admins to track business growth remotely.
- Admins can also have the ability to create and modify existing business processes to improve output.
- Other performance management software can be integrated with this platform to better track employee performance.
Modules in the SAP SuccessFactors Architecture
- Employee Central – As the name suggests this feature is associated with storing employee data. It is used to automate the HR process by maintaining a cloud-based information system. SAP SuccessFactors can also work on many employee-related tasks that help create a good bond between the employee and the organization, shareholders, and contractors.
- Employee Central Payroll – This tool simplifies the employee payment process. It automates the process and ensures that the employees are getting the correct amount on time. Delayed payments can create a bad reputation for the company, and SAP SuccessFactors prevent that from happening. The chances of error also reduce as the entire system is automated and multiple checks are done before making the final payment.
- Time and Attendance – This feature keeps track of when an employee comes for work and when he leaves. This will be useful while calculating his attendance, half days, and total work hours which can be some of the determining factors for payroll in some companies. This also helps in proper work distribution as the company has an understanding of the amount of pending work that each employee has.
- Recruiting – The entire recruiting process can be very lengthy and complex for big companies; handling and carrying out the series of events are hard to manage. They can keep a record of all potential candidates and send out targeted emails and emails to them to provide various information. The constant communication helps them in creating a bond with the new employees.
- Onboarding – This is the step when a potential employee actually becomes an employee in that company. There are a lot of tasks that are taken care of by SAP SuccessFactors so that the process takes place smoothly. A lot of terms and conditions have to be discussed, and documentation is required at this phase to complete the recruitment process.
- Performance and Goals – The system is also responsible for each employee’s goals employee while monitoring their growth. They keep track of every employee’s productivity in real-time, and the people in charge can make changes based on this. Employee analysis helps prioritize their work and focusing on tasks that need to be done at an early notice.
- Compensation – Most modern companies are shifting to a pay-per-performance culture, where the employees are paid the job they do. This means if their output is low then their pay will be compensated. This makes the employees work efficiently to reach certain milestones and the better performers are kept in the company.
SAP SuccessFactors is a solution that solves all the problems that HR departments have been struggling to manage.
This SAP solution is what every enterprise should have, starting right from employee onboarding, to training, to assigning tasks and paying them as per their performance. Above this, its ability to integrate with the cloud database brings together every company department company.
- 7 Voice Search Strategies for Improving Website Search Results
- How Can I Listen to My Kids WhatsApp Voice Messages Without Them Knowing?
- This article is submitted by a guest author.
- TECHNOLOGY2021.09.14Chatbot for Ecommerce Website – The Pros And Cons
- LIFESTYLE2021.09.12Nail Salon: 17 Important tools and equipment in a nail salon
- TECHNOLOGY2021.09.08SAP SuccessFactors HCM Architecture Overview
- HEALTH2021.09.055 Best Tips to whiten your Teeth without hiring teeth whitening service