It is important to recover hacked Facebook account because Facebook has become a major part of the online presence of a lot of people and businesses.
The Facebook team takes security reasonably seriously and constantly improves the security features of the platform, yet it’s definitely not hard to goof and lose your Facebook account to cybercriminals.
If someone can figure out your password or gets to your account through other malicious means, it can be dangerous for both you, your business, and your Facebook friends and followers.
This post is written to show you how to recover hacked Facebook account without stress.
SIGNS THAT YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED.
Your situation will determine the steps you need to take to recover access to your Facebook account.
You may end up bolted out of your Facebook account for different reasons. Possibly somebody has reported your account as fraudulent or for abuse, you signed into Facebook on an unfamiliar device from a strange location, or the most awful – you have been hacked!
Here are a few things hackers do when they gain access to your Facebook account:
- They quickly change your account login details (username, email address, phone number, or password) so you can’t sign in.
- The change your Facebook name to confuse you and your friends.
- The change your profile picture and other profile information like birthday on Facebook.
- They use your account to send Friend requests to strange people and join strange Facebook groups.
- They use your account to send malicious messages to your friends and post content you didn’t write on your behalf.
If your Facebook account has been hacked, this post is about how to regain control of your hacked Facebook account.
So what would be a good idea for you to do in the event that somebody hacks your Facebook account?
Recovering your hacked Facebook account should be surprisingly easy if you follow the process below.
This account recovery method is effective for those who act fast, if you get a notification for new emails sent to you, you can act immediately you get a message from Facebook that someone is trying to access your account.
Facebook sends a notification email advising you about the changes to your account at any point your account information is being changed.
So in the event that you get an email saying your Facebook Account Password has been changed and it wasn’t you, take action on the notification immediately to get your account rescued utilizing the security code Facebook will send you.
IF you are unlucky to see the notification and act fast, follow the account recovery method below to recover your account.
REPORT TO FACEBOOK THAT YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED
The first thing you should do in the event that your account has been hacked the method above is late is to visit www.facebook.com/hacked to report that your account has been hacked.
Just click the “My account is compromised” button on this page to indicated that your account has been hacked and Facebook should ask you for your username, phone number, full name, or the email address linked to the Facebook account you want to recover.
Facebook will immediately search for relevant information, and provide guides and further instruction.
Usually, they ask you to enter your name or phone number and display accounts of users so that you can choose your own profile but if your profile is not on the displayed list, you are asked to type the full name of a friend that can help you with the recovery.
If you see your account, just click on your profile and type in your current password or any old password you can remember using on the account.
If you are lucky and the old password works and you gain access, go to Account Settings, change your password and update your information.
Facebook offers many highlights that you can use to ensure your account is protected.
Go to Security and Login Settings and do the need to protect your account from feature highjack
If you are still unlucky and the old password didn’t work, then follow the hacked Facebook account recovery steps below:
STEPS TO RECOVER HACKED FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
- Go to the Facebook login page and click the “Forgotten Password?” button.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account to search for your account and click the “Search” button.
- On the search result page, you should see your profile and options to receive a code for your account recovery, select how you want to receive the security code. It’s usually via email or SMS, select one and click the “Continue” button.
You should receive a code in your email or phone depending on what you selected from step 3.
- Enter the 6 characters code correctly and click the “Continue”
Then you should be able to reset your password and recover your account.
In the event that you don’t have access to both email address and phone number associated with your account, click the “No longer have access to these?” Hyperlink at the bottom of the Facebook’s Reset Your Password page and follow the instructions there to recover your account.
In case you still are unable to regain access and control of your Facebook account, Click Here to learn more about other means to regain access to your hacked Facebook account.
TIPS TO SECURE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
When you finally recover hacked Facebook account, applying the following essential Facebook account security tips to secure Facebook account and prevent hackers from taking it again in the future.
- Change your current password, use a very strong password and avoid over recycling of passwords
- Go to settings and enable the get alerts about unrecognized logins nonfiction
- Always keep your mobile phone and computer protected
- Setup extra security and enable Two Factor Authentication
- Avoid Facebook spam links and applications
- Add trusted friends to your Facebook friends list and avoid accepting Friend Requests from unknown people.
- Update your Facebook Privacy Settings regularly.
- Do not share your Facebook account login details
BEFORE YOU GO
It’s a lot simpler and better to take precautions to avoid future victimization by hackers than wasting your precious time and effort trying to recover hacked Facebook account.
To secure Facebook account regularly check the Facebook privacy and Security Settings and update your settings as required to ensure your account remains safe and protected against hackers.
Thanks for taking the time to read this piece, I hope it is helpful.
If you have ever been a victim of Facebook account hacking, what did you do to recover hacked facebook account from bad guys?
You can share your experience with us in the comment section below.
We’d love to learn from your experience and know what you did to regain control of your Facebook account.
Originally posted 2020-12-06 11:51:59.