Table of Contents Hide
- CCNA Certification Learning Objectives:
- Which body administers CCNA certification?
- CCNA Course Requirements:
- Who can leverage CCNA Certification?
- How do I get a CCNA certificate?
- Overview of CCNA Certification Exam:
If you are aiming to become a Cisco Certified Network Associate, then you are planning your journey to start. The most basic step to take is earning the CCNA certification. It is significant to understand the roadmap, and evaluate how this certification is beneficial for your career.
The full form of CCNA is Cisco Certified Networking Associate, and it is one of the leading Cisco certifications for professionals of computer network domains. A CCNA training program educates candidates about security, networking and automation technology.
In 1984, Cisco was established by an international IT organization. It is one of the top-notch providers of network solutions for organizations across the globe. Cisco understands that 99% of businesses these days make recruitment decisions based on professional IT certification, making it crucial for the employees to earn valid certification for a fruitful IT career.
The CCNA certification has evolved and become more advanced over the passing years to opt for technological transformation as well as market trends. In 2013, the area covered by the certification expanded to meet the growing demand for Cisco Certified Professionals. This growth is due to the growth of e-commerce and dependence on information centers. Currently, according to the CCNA certification roadmap, many certificates focus on different areas, including:
- Service Providers
- Data Centers
- Routing & Switching
The CCNA certificate offers a detailed description of all proposals demonstrating Cisco certification. Once an applicant receives CCNA accreditation, he or she can make a more informed decision about the domain he or she wants to choose throughout their career based on changing industry needs. Critically, the CCNA Routing and Switching certification is basic certification candidates can select before earning the next certification.
CCNA Certification Learning Objectives:
As a candidate for CCNA certification, prepare for the following roles and responsibilities:
– Understand network basics, including network components, virtualization, switching concepts, and topology
– Configuring, utilizing and installing IPv4 to IPv6 networks
– Install the key that does the initial configuration
– Understand Cisco router routing and how to implement it
– Establish communication between hosts using switches and routers
– Troubleshoot network issues and common IPv4 addressing issues
– Understanding VLANs, routing between VLANs and highways
– Gaining knowledge about STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) and RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol).
– Gaining knowledge about the concept of VPN and WAN
– Starting virtualization via device and network architecture
Which body administers CCNA certification?
Each certification enhances or decreases in value as per the organization which accredits certification. CCNA today is backed by the best IT enterprises in the industry today. Cisco is the world leader in computer networking and aims to change the way people and machines communicate and collaborate. It develops a significant segment of the equipment used for IT communications in this digitally-driven world. Hence, CCNA certificates are reputable, reliable and recognized worldwide.
CCNA Course Requirements:
To date, there are no mandatory prerequisites that individuals must meet in order to be eligible for the CCNA exam. Therefore, the CCNA certification is a favourable letter of credit for recent graduates and new IT professionals to study. Organizations hire network engineers no matter what their experience is, just by looking at CCNA Certification.
While there are no formal requirements to apply for the CCNA Certification Exam, there are certain requirements that are recommended. Candidates boost their passing chances of the CCNA certification exam on the first try.
These recommendations are:
– Basic computer skills
– Operating systems basic understanding and working knowledge
– Internet skills are essential
– Knowledge of IP addresses
Read Also: PMP Course – Overview, Benefits & Details
Who can leverage CCNA Certification?
Any IT professional can take their career to a new level with a CCNA certification. It will be a boon for:
- Aspiring CCNA certification
- Network designers
- Network analysts
- Network managers
- System engineers
- Network support engineers
- Network analysts
- Network specialists
- Network support technicians
- Help Desk technicians
- Entry-level network engineers
- Network administrators
How do I get a CCNA certificate?
Before you can apply for CCNA certification, you must pass certain CCNA-related exams. You must pass one of the following exams:
-Combined CCNA Exam (200-120)
To sign-up for one of these exams, you can register directly via Cisco or use Cisco Certified Training Partners such as Vinsys. The official partner for CCNA exam testing and administration is Pearson Vue. According to the suggestion, it is mandatory to sign-up for the CCNA certification exam two days prior to the pubic date of test. Seats for the candidates are limited and it will be allocated on an FCFS (first come, first serve) basis. At the time of sign-up, it is mandatory to pay all the exam fees. Pearson Vue also suggests that you arrive at the test location 45 minutes in advance.
Overview of CCNA Certification Exam:
You can earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification by taking the 200-301 CCNA exam. As noted above, these certificates and the domains they cover evolve constantly and keep on changing. The new CCNA certification exam consists of segments of security, programmability and automation.
Here’s everything you need to know about the CCNA qualifying exam:
– The total number of questions in the certification exam is 120, which you must complete in 120 minutes.
– The CCNA 200-301 certification exam requires you to pay an exam fee of $300 before taxes.
– To pass the exam, you must achieve a qualifying score of 82.5% or 825 of a total of 1000 marks.
– You can attempt exams in Japanese or English.
– You can schedule your CCNA exam online or at specific locations.
– Validity of the CCNA exam is 3 years. From time to time the eligibility criteria and laws changes. Any certificates obtained in accordance with the old rules are valid for three years, regardless of changes to the rules.
Latest CCNA Course Syllabus:
The latest module of CCNA syllabus are as under:
Automation and Programmability – Puppet, REST APIs, Chef, SDN, JSON
Network Access – Trunking, VLANs, EtherChannel
Security Fundamentals – Port security, wireless security, VPNs
IP Connectivity – OSPFv2, IP routing
IP services – DHCP, NTP, SNMP, QoS
Network fundamentals – switches and routers, UDP/TCP, cabling and IPv4 and IPv6
Leveraging CCNA Certification:
- Gain the skills and experience you need to advance your career as a CCNA Certified Professional.
- Get certified that has set the global market standard for managing Cisco enterprise solutions worldwide.
- You master the basics at the organizational level in domains like automation, security, programmability and networking.
- Build your confidence by getting the real-world applications and executing tasks of the CCNA which you can gather at the training course time.
- Gain global recognition via your CCNA credentials from colleagues, seniors and other stakeholders of organizations.
- Get a fulfilling and reliable career with a globally recognized Cisco credential.
- Join a community of CCNA certified professionals across the globe of more than 900,000 members.
- Enter the global market with the most popular technical skills in the industry.
- Earn a higher salary than any junior IT role. CCNA professionals earn between $61,000 and $125,000 per year.
- Join a global network of over 900,000+ CCNA certified professionals worldwide
- Be a part of a group of global professionals with industry’s highly reputed CCNA certification.
Opportunities of salary for CCNA Professionals:
Like various other Cisco certifications, CCNA too is highly popular among candidates. Do you want to know how much CCNA professionals worldwide earn in a year? See below:
- Singapore – SGD 100,000 – 181,000 per annum
- UAE – AED 303,000 – 548,000 per annum
- United States – $61,000 – $125,000 per annum
- United Kingdom – 27,000 – 52,000 pounds per annum
- Australia – AUD 81,000 – 101,000 per annum
- India – Rs. 4,00,000 – 6,50,000 per annum
What if you fail the CCNA certification exam?
One important thing to note is that not all CCNA candidates will pass the CCNA certification exam on the first attempt. This is the case with every certification. Applicants can retake this certification exam as many times as they want. However, the CCNA exam is expensive. The cost for the experience is $300 and repeated use can result in much higher costs.
Getting a certificate, especially one that is recognized worldwide as a CCNA, is not easy. But it’s worth it. Don’t give up your career; Give yourself the push you deserve and enrol in a CCNA training course today. Vinsys is your digital partner who offer CCNA Certification Training in the USA and across the globe. We are your digital partner who have experienced trainers that teach and assist candidates in clearing the CCNA exam in the first attempt.
- The 10 Best Reasons to Study in the US
- Tips for Effective Communication in a Team
- How to Handle an Online Classroom