Today, the Indian nation is mourning the loss of some decorated dignitaries from the army known for their exemplary services in an unfortunate occurrence. Now and then we hear about warriors who fought and gave their lives for the country. These voids left behind can’t be filled ever again.
Through this article, we will find out about a very popular and highly pursued path that leads to the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy. The route is called the UPSC NDA.
Let’s find out some important details related to the UPSC NDA examination process and prepare to participate in the forthcoming UPSC NDA selection procedure.
However, are you willing to ascertain that the sacrifices made by these brave army personnel will not go in vain and that you will make an effort to rise to the occasion for the country? Do you wish to take their journey ahead and fulfill their path? Do you desire the pride of being in any of India’s defense forces? If yes, then you must know ways in which you can become a part of our defense forces. There are various routes through which you can join the military.
All you need to do is look for the right time and opportunity for yourself. The army selects eligible candidates from all walks of life.
If you are waiting for the UPSC NDA application then the notification is expected to be released on the 22nd December 2021. Also, find out the information on how to download the UPSC NDA admit card to appear for the exam.
Important Details Related To UPSC NDA Examination
Read the points mentioned below to understand the UPSC NDA selection process.
- The Union Public Service Commission examines and selects competent males and females for admission to the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy to finally recruit them in the army, navy, and airforce. The commission conducts the selection procedure twice a year.
- To be eligible for the exam, a candidate needs to be of a certain age. To join the army wing of the National Defense Academy one needs to have passed the 12th standard from any field. However, for the navy and airforce, one needs to have passed the 12th standard with physics and mathematics.
- The selection process comprises two stages, the first stage will be the written examination and the second stage will be the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview.
- The written examination will have two sections. One section will have questions on mathematics and the other section will have questions on general ability. The complete paper will be of 900 marks.
- The SSB interview is conducted to check a candidate’s psychological aptitude and intelligence
- Finally, whether a candidate joins, army, navy, or airforce will depend on the number of vacancies, merit, medical, and presence of the candidate.
- After selection candidates are given three years of physical and theoretical training at the National Defense Academy.
- During the training period at the National Defense Academy, a candidate gets approximately a. stipend money of Rs. 56100/- per month.
There was a time when only males could be a part of the defense forces but with changing times females are also selected for different defense groups according to their capability and choice.
According to the recent order of the Supreme court females can also participate in the selection process of the National Defense Academy which is a remarkable decision given in the favor of the female aspirants.
With this step now females can also be inducted in combat roles in India just like other developed countries.