What best beats your imagination in a business especially when it is a newly created business in this current time in Nigeria than getting a huge number of clients or accounts as it is usually called in the financial business world? This will mean a whole lot of progress for your business financially as the clients will have to pay for the services you are rendering; structure-wise as your business will have to expand, you will be needing new and experienced hands in your team to ensure these clients are satisfied and they are getting the value in exchange for their money;
Your business begins to experience stability, as there is no pressure for you or your team to meet some financial deadlines; the business in return becomes sustainable – what you are looking for is just growth and expansion;
Finally, your business experience much more clients as you expect that your services will turn your immediate clients to your brand evangelist who will help broadcast via feedbacks which can be shared via social media a tool used in this current time in Nigeria for reaching a wide range of people or they can go all the way in by talking to their big friends about the excellent services you offer
The implication of that is you have got potential clients who want to try out your services to either confirm the rumor or to criticize your services; either way, you have got a client, the work is left to you to ensure they turn to your brand evangelist also, spreading the good news – which is talking to their other connections about the excellent services you run. And then the cycle continues. This is the imaginative strategy of exponential growth spoken of and thought about by every new business owner. Did I speak about what is going on in your mind and most likely the words you end your strategic meeting with when you are having that Monday meeting with your very few staff?
This is actually possible. Having the mindset and proper preparation, crossing your T’s and dotting your I’s is basically all you need to face those challenges; the challenges of getting the clients, keeping them, and then turning them into your brand’s evangelists.
Interestingly there are more than enough prospective clients to go round, regardless of the nature of the business you are creating, so long you are solving a problem or meeting a particular need of a set of people – you have got yourself a client. If you ask me, having a solution to a problem is not all that your business needs to get the desired amount of clients, there is more to it; you need to have goals, mission, and vision.
Let me briefly describe what goals, mission, and vision are to you;
A goal is what you envision and plan that your business will achieve within a speculated period of time. Having a goal is as important as having the business itself, the current time in Nigeria challenges every business has a goal with which it runs. The goals shouldn’t be large; it can be simplified goals as far as it is achievable, it shouldn’t be simple either.
Your goals should be specific, focused, and directed towards a key point; your goals should be measurable, such that its success or failure is noticed; your goals should be achievable, I am repeating that it shouldn’t be easy, it should be taxing, you may have to double your effort, and work tougher, longer, harder, smarter or longer; your goals should be realistic, don’t chase imaginative goals; your goals should be time-bound, this ensures that you can easily monitor your progress level towards achieving those goals.
A business’s mission is the reason why the business exists; the reason why you want to achieve those goals, the reason for deciding to create a business.
Vision is the business ultimate goal. It is the interpretation of what success will look like for your business in the future when the company accomplishes its goals.
Getting new clients for your new business in the current time in Nigeria requires four (4) steps;
The A, B, C, and D of exponentially increasing your clients not minding the current time in Nigeria:
- Acquire information about who your ideal clients are, what problem they are encountering. Assess to this kind of information is unlimited, this current time and century allow you to harness such a large amount of information, you have a wide range of potential clients to relate your solution to.
- Build the knowledge you have about your business, knowing so much about your business puts your business in a position of solving the problems of clients with your business. Imagine being asked about your business at a symposium or a seminar where you had attended and you begin to give facts and reality about the solution you have to mankind’s problem, you have got clients everywhere around you, your preparedness is one key.
- Collaborate to make partners with businesses who offer complementary services, with this step you get clients. Should your business be delivery-based, form partnerships with stores, outlets, restaurants, laundry businesses, or fashion businesses?
- Develop relationship with your clients. This step pushes you ahead through your going an extra mile to ensuring that your clients receive the best services there is to offer. Remember these words in the introductory part of this article where I said “your business experience much more clients as you expect that your services will turn your immediate clients to your brand evangelist who will help broadcast via feedbacks which can be shared via the social media a tool used in this current time in Nigeria for reaching a wide range of people or they can go all the way in by talking to their big friends about the excellent services you offer”, this step does put finishing touches to all the work done in the first three (3) steps.
So Acquire, build, collaborate, and develop these steps to attract more clients to your business in Nigeria.
- A writer who sees writing as a relationship between Two important people, the writer and the reader and understand that the relationship does need to grow.