Hotmail.com is still active, and although Microsoft changed the name of Hotmail and called it Outlook in 2013, the fact is that it is still possible to log in to Hotmail through the new website. Thus, users who have old accounts with the address @hotmail.com, @live.com and new accounts @outlook.com, will be able to enter their mail through the new outlook.com to do this, simply enter the access data, such as an email address and password.
Outlook email, formerly called Hotmail, which was also called MSN Hotmail, is one of the leading email services, second only to Gmail.com. The service is part of Microsoft products, so having an Outlook / Hotmail account simultaneously provides access to various services offered by a company that also supports Windows.
Creating an account in Outlook or Hotmail is a fairly simple task, in which you just need your personal data, a secure password and a phone number (or an additional email address) as a means of restoring your account. Here, in this detailed article about Hotmail, we will show you step by step what you need to do to create an email address:
STEPS TO CREATE A HOTMAIL ACCOUNT:
There is no doubt that the main means of accessing Outlook mail (Hotmail) is the one that works over the Internet, getting access www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com . This method is adapted for mobile phones and computers, so you can perform all the procedures for creating an email both from your smartphone with Android, iOS or any other operating system, and from computers with Windows, Linux or macOS from the browser that you prefer. Let’s do it!
- Go to the official page: registration by email by clicking on the following link: ⦁ https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/
- Select an Account Name: with an email address of your choice. You can choose between @ outlook.com, @ live.com, @ hotmail.com; however, note that the address should not be currently occupied by another user.
If you select an email address that is already occupied by another user, when you click “Next” on the Outlook page, it will be recommended to select a different user name or another address (in this case, change the email address).
- Assign a password: it should be secure enough to prevent hackers/crackers from accessing it. Make sure that you have chosen a password that is difficult to guess! If possible, use letters, numbers, uppercase, lowercase, and even symbols.
If it is difficult for you to remember different passwords for each selected user, you can use a password manager. These managers are applications installed on your computer, where all the passwords for everything you use on the Internet will be saved on a special page, so you only need to remember the manager’s password.
- Enter your first and last name: then click “Next”.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Check the captcha: Finally, you should make sure that you are a real person by entering the characters that you see in the image.
- It may happen that the characters are very difficult to understand, no problem! You can click on the “Create” button to create another image, or click on the “Sound” button to hear the sound. This is a method to prevent bots from automatically creating an account for sending spam. Now click the “Next” button.
- Great! Your Hotmail account has been created, and you will be taken to your Outlook mailbox,How to Login Hotmail?
You can log in to the Hotmail email service from your web browser, as well as from your mobile phone or computer. You can also log in to Hotmail / Outlook.com using an app available for Android and iOS. Next, in the “World Accounts” section, we will help you step by step to get access to your Hotmail mailbox or a new one Outlook.com.
The web platform from the browser is the most commonly used way to log in to Hotmail or Outlook email, you can do this from a computer or a PC browser, as well as from a mobile or mobile phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to https://www.outlook.com and click the “Log in” button located at the top. You can also go directly to the login page via a direct link or through the old site www.hotmail.com
- Fill in the field “Email address, phone number or Skype name”, and then click “Next”;.
- Enter the password to access your account, and then click the “Blue Login” button.
- If you entered all the data correctly, you will be taken directly to your mailbox.
If you prefer to log in directly when using Hotmail, select the “Keep me connected” option before completing the login, so when accessing Hotmail from a trusted computer, there is no need to re-enter your username and password, the data will always be saved.
It is always important to remember that when accessing email from any computer that is not trusted, for example from public computers, try disabling this feature so that you are free from intrusions into your account and possible hackers of personal information, important data and passwords.
Access to the Hotmail Mailbox
To go directly to your Outlook or Hotmail mailbox, simply log in to the service; after that, you will be taken directly to the list of received emails, a sector also known as “inbox” or “inbox”.
- Log in to https://outlook.live.com/owa/ to log in to your Outlook or Hotmail account.
- Enter your email address and click “Next”.
- Enter your password and click “Log in”.
- Then you will be taken directly to the Inbox of your Outlook email.
If you are logged in to your account and have not been redirected to this sector, you can open the mailbox directly from https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox or by clicking “Inbox” in the left sector. Under the “Inbox” tab, you will also find some other buttons, below we will briefly describe them:
- Junk Mail – Hotmail has an excellent algorithm for detecting unwanted messages. All unwanted messages, advertisements that you have not signed, and even viruses will be stopped there. If an unknown email sends you an important message, it may end up in junk mail. If you don’t find what you need in your mailbox, check it out. After staying in the “Outbox” folder for several days, the email is automatically deleted. This forces you to visualize only what you are interested in.
- Drafts – If you start writing a message, but leave an email without sending it, it is saved in drafts. You can edit it, delete it, or send it to your contacts at any time convenient for you.
- Sent Messages – All the emails that you have sent to your contacts are there. You can consult with them at any time, whenever you want. You can also clear them and permanently delete the messages you sent, but they will not be deleted in the recipients ‘ Inbox.
- Deleted Items – All emails that you delete will end up in this folder in advance. If you delete any of them by mistake, you can restore or even delete them permanently.
Hotmail login – Log in to Hotmail using the Hotmail mobile app
- com (Hotmail) has a mobile application that you can install on your device, whether it’s Android or iOS. Here are the steps to log in from the official Outlook app.
- Download the app from the corresponding store.
Android App and iOSApp
- After installation, open it and click the “Introduction” button.
- In the “Add Account” section, enter the registered Outlook email address, then click “Continue”. This app also supports email from other providers such as Yahoo or Gmail.
- Enter the password for your email account, then click “Log in”.
- If you don’t want to add another account, click Skip.
- Voila! You will see your Outlook mailbox from the app.
After adding your Outlook or Hotmail account to the official application, it is recommended to activate notifications to be aware of all emails that arrive in your mailbox. You can also open your email directly from a mobile browser by entering the address outlook.com in your preferred browser.
Advantages of the Hotmail application
- Free and free access to all Microsoft tools
- Windows Navigation Tools
- Easy backup using Windows Phone
- The ability to communicate with friends and family directly via email to a mobile phone
- Can access even offline, read and type texts
- An additional 15 GB is available for downloading data via Onedrive.
- Your messages will be notified on your mobile phone if you enter something new in the input field
- Access to the Outlook calendar to organize your contacts and to-do list
- Chat for communicating with other users without the need to connect to another tool
- Automatic connection via your mailbox to social networks
- The new message can be viewed even if there is no mobile data connection or Wi-Fi, because it is updated on the mobile phone
- If you want to store data on your OneDrive, but you don’t have Internet at the moment, just add it, and the moment you have a connection, the download will be completed without having to repeat the operation
- It makes it easy to communicate directly from your account or just by typing directly, without delay.
Access to Hotmail with a third-party mail provider
If you want your Outlook email account to be created by a third-party client developer, such as Thunderbird or Apple Mail? In this case, if you are having difficulties logging in, try setting up the mailbox “manually” using the following IMAP parameters.
- Server name: Outlook.office365.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP encryption method: TLS
- Server name: SMTP.office365.com
- Animal: 587
- Encryption method: STARTTLS
For more information, visit the Microsoft website.
Hotmail Login Issues – Problems logging in to Hotmail
You may encounter some Hotmail Login Issues, but don’t worry, this is quite normal. As a rule, if you do not remember your password or email address, there is a way to restore access to it if you assigned the information to restore when creating your account. We will give you the most common problems:
FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD OR EMAIL ADDRESS
It is possible that when you try to access your mailbox, you will see an error with an incorrect password, which will make it impossible to access your account. Reset your password by clicking on the link, you will need active recovery information in your account.
If you have forgotten everything and can no longer open your account, you can contact Microsoft at the following link: https://account.live.com/acsr
YOU CAN’T GET A SECURITY CODE
If you can’t verify your identity, go to the password reset section, enter your email address, and then click on the link “I don’t have any of these tests”. Then follow the instructions to restore your account
THE ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED FOR 30 DAYS.
If Microsoft discovers that your account has been hacked, it will probably ask you to change the security information and restore your account, after which a 30-day security period must pass before you can log in. again. This is an extreme case, but it can happen.
HOTMAIL PROFILE BLOCKED
WHILE TRAVELING OR LOGGING IN ON ANOTHER DEVICE
Outlook.com may detect suspicious login activity if you try to log in from another device or from another location; To log in under these conditions, you must confirm your identity using the SMS or email recovery method.Hotmail Security Advices
Many Hotmail account Hijack are usually caused by carelessness when logging into the Outlook service or any other service that requires entering a password. That is why we will give you some tips to make logging into your account as secure as possible, to avoid losing your account and to make it fall into the hands of intruders.
- Make sure that the address of the page where you enter your data is official: the Microsoft email service is available only at these official addresses: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com, msn.com, as well as with the subdomain login, account or mail. Make sure that the address in the browser is one of them, if you see something strange, for example 1 – outlook.com, stop it! This could be a possible phishing attempt.
- Keep your antivirus active and updated. Antivirus and anti-malware protection are extremely important for detecting malware that collects confidential information, such as passwords, update them!
- If it is not your computer, please close the session at the end. Don’t make the mistake of leaving your session active on devices that don’t belong to you, other people can check your email!
- Update your password regularly; for help with this, check out our article on how to change your Hotmail password.
Use the service that Microsoft provides for free, without any inconvenience, following the tips that we just gave you. With them, your account will be completely safe, and you will not have any inconveniences.
Advantages of creating a Hotmail account.
When deciding to create an email account, you may wonder what advantages each of the alternatives, such as yahoo, aol, Google, etc., can offer you. Just as Google offers some additional advantages when creating a Gmail account, Outlook also has its own advantages, which we can cite below:
- Access to the Microsoft online office suite, you will be able to edit your documents in the same way as in desktop programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and others).
- A powerful calendar that can be integrated with Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo and other accounts.
- Application Availability: Outlook has its own application for Android, iOS and Windows Phone, which will allow you to access your mailbox more easily.
- It is easier to access your Skype account, moreover, you can log in to Skype with your new Hotmail email or Hotmail email!
- 15 GB of free storage in OneDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage.
- Access to the Windows Store: If you have Windows 10 or Windows Phone installed, you can download programs by logging in to your new Outlook email account.
- Xbox Account: Having an Outlook account means having an Xbox account, good news if you have this game console!
Now that we have already told you the most wonderful thing about having an Outlook / Hotmail account, it’s time for you to explore everything that Microsoft has to offer on your own ^_^
Don’t forget to create your own account. Fill out your registration in the correct way, log in as soon as possible and download the applications available for mobile devices.
This unusual guide was created for people who are not familiar with email services, but it is available to people at all stages of learning. If you have any questions about how to log in to Hotmail, feel free to leave comments. If you noticed any changes or just want to talk about it, feel free to leave comments on this page
Since Hotmail will regularly upgrade thier platform, some of the Hotmail Login and Sign up or Password Recovery steps in this article may change.