Table of Contents Hide
The Naruto universe saw a new era with the introduction of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, chronicling the adventures of Naruto’s son, Boruto. While the series has yet to reach the same heights as its predecessor, many fans believe it has the potential to become a great follow-up anime once the more serious arcs are animated.
With the need to maintain the gap between the manga and the anime, Boruto has many filler episodes; if you’re planning to binge-watch Boruto, worry not! This ultimate filler guide will help you skip all the unwanted arcs and focus on the must-watch episodes. Let’s dive into the world of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations!
What is Boruto Anime’s Story?
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations centers around Boruto, the son of the Seventh Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. Struggling to step out of his father’s shadow, Boruto aspires to become a magnificent ninja and create his own legacy in the shinobi world. The anime also delves into the lives of other beloved characters’ children, such as Shikadai and Sarada, who have their own unique journeys to pursue.
Understanding Boruto Filler Episodes:
With 290 episodes so far, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations has 48 filler episodes, making up about 16.5% of the total series. While the percentage seems low, the abundance of anime canon episodes can make some arcs feel like fillers. In this guide, we’ll focus on the 100% filler episodes, so you can decide which ones to watch and which to skip.
The Boruto Filler List: To Watch or To Skip?
- Academy Entrance Arc (Episodes 16-17) – Watch: Enjoy the early days of Boruto ninja journey.
- Genin Mission Arc (Episodes 40-41) – Watch: Experience Boruto first missions as a Genin.
- Byakuya Gang Arc (Episodes 48-50) – Skip: Not relevant to the main plot.
- Cho-Cho Arc (Episodes 67-69) – Skip: Not crucial to the main storyline.
- Naruto Shinden Arc (Episodes 96-97) – Watch: Learn more about Naruto’s life as Hokage.
- Konoha Shinden & Konohamaru And Remon Arc (Episodes 112-119) – Watch: Delve into Konohamaru’s story and a sweet romance.
- Time Slip Arc (Episodes 138-140) – Watch: Enjoy a time-traveling adventure.
- Mujina Bandits Arc (Episodes 152-156) – Watch: Uncover the mysteries surrounding the Mujina Bandits.
- Great Sea Battle Of Kirigakure Arc (Episodes 231-232) – Skip: Not directly related to the main plot.
- Great Sea Battle Of Kirigakure Arc (Episodes 256-260) – Watch: Thrilling action and character development.
- Kawaki & Himawari Academy Arc (Episodes 261-273) – Skip: Not vital to the central storyline.
Boruto has 48 filler episodes, but some can still be enjoyable for fans seeking more insight into the supporting characters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I skip Boruto fillers?
The decision to skip fillers is entirely up to you. We have marked the entertaining fillers as “Watch” in our dedicated list if you wish to watch them. You can enjoy the best fillers while following the main story.
What is Boruto filler percentage?
Out of the 290 episodes of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, there are 48 filler episodes, making up about 16.5% of the series.
Is Boruto movie 1 canon?
Yes, Boruto: Naruto The Movie (2015) is a canon movie and sets the foundation for the sequel anime, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. It’s highly recommended to watch this movie after completing Naruto Shippuden and before starting the Boruto anime.
Final Words on Boruto Filler List
With this comprehensive Boruto filler guide, you can now navigate the series more efficiently. While some fillers offer enjoyable insights into supporting characters, others may not contribute directly to the main plot.
Ultimately, the decision to watch or skip fillers is entirely yours. We hope this guide enhances your anime-viewing experience. If you have any favorite Boruto episodes or arcs, remember to share them in the comments below!